Childbirth Preparation Class (1-Day)
$175.00 per couple
Taught by a Certified Childbirth Educator and Labor and Delivery Nurse, this class is designed for parents expecting their first baby or those who have never attended Childbirth Classes. Also available as a 2-Part class.
- Taught By:
- Nicole Didizian, RN-BSN, CBC, CCE
- Ideal For:
- Expectant parents between 28-36 weeks
- 5 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology of Labor and Birth
- Signs of Labor: How will I know when it’s time?
- Pain Relief (natural and medical options)
- Vaginal Delivery
- C-section Delivery
- Interventions: what they are and why they may be necessary
- Support and Guidance for Labor Partners
- Identifying and Communicating your Birth Wishes
- Understanding Hospital Protocol
- Packing List: what should I bring to the hospital?
- What happens immediately after birth
- What to expect from your Newborn
- Choosing a Pediatrician
- Caring for yourself Postpartum
What about a hospital tour?
Every hospital in our area offers a FREE Maternity Unit tour for parents-to-be, either in-person or virtually. In-person tours must be scheduled in advance, as space is limited. Tours run anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour in length.
Find the hospital where you’re delivering on our tour information page and click to book your Maternity Unit tour.