- Tue, Jul 19: 6:00PM- 7:30PM
- Tue, Aug 16: 6:00PM- 7:30PM
- Tue, Sep 20: 6:00PM- 7:30PM
Breastfeeding 101 (In-Person)
$60.00 (up to 2 people)
How will you know that your baby is getting enough milk? What’s the difference between colostrum and milk, and when can you expect to transition from one to the other? Which breast pump is best? How do you safely store milk once you’re successfully pumping….and when is it okay to start?
We’ll cover all of the most common questions (and challenges) with breastfeeding in the beginning and share their solutions with you BEFORE you welcome your baby. This class is led by an experienced registered nurse (RN) and International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and has a small-group, personalized workshop feel. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with other moms-to-be inside our comfortable Devon studio!
- Taught By:
- Linda Muller, RN-BSN, IBCLC
- Ideal For:
- Expectant mothers (+1 optional support person)
- 1.5 hours
- MLFEd Studio, Devon
- Anatomy/Physiology of the Breast & How the Body Makes Milk
- Benefits of Breastmilk
- Proper Positioning and Latch
- What to Expect on Day 1 and 2 of Life
- How Do I Know If My Baby Is Getting Enough?
- Common Setbacks and Solutions
- Nutrition Considerations for Pregnancy and Lactation
- Pumping and Milk Storage
- Resources for Ordering a Breast Pump Through Insurance
- Which pump is right for you and why?
- Additional Avenues of Support