New Parent Support Package
Our New Parent Support Package provides families with private, virtual support during the first two months of baby’s life:
Perfect for those who want to be connected with a newborn nurse and an infant sleep specialist during the exact time when you need them the most! Work with Nicole Didizian, RN-BSN, CBC, CCE in the first month to gain confidence and master newborn care. Then work with Erica Desper, PCD (DONA), pediatric sleep consultant in the second month to better understand, survive and manage infant sleep.
Families will receive the following support from these award-winning experts during months 1 (Nicole) and 2 (Erica):
- 1 hour initial meeting and consult (phone or video call)
- 20 minute weekly check-in (phone or video call)
- Daily email support
- 15% discount for all future classes with Main Line Family Education
- 15% discount for all future sleep support with Confident Parenting
We will cover all topics that are specific to your new baby and your family in that moment. Topics may include:
Weeks 0-4: Newborn Care Support with Nicole
- Feeding support
- Gas relief and colic tips
- AM/PM parenting teamwork
- Supporting partner’s adjustment to parenthood
- Mother’s physical and emotional recovery
- Infant soothing techniques
- Umbilical cord care
- Circumcision care
- Bathing/Nail Care/Dressing
- Why is my baby crying?
- How do I soothe a fussy baby?
- How do I know my baby is getting enough to eat?
- How do I keep my baby awake during feedings?
- What can I do at home to support my baby’s development?
Weeks 4-8: Newborn Sleep Support with Erica
- Learn what typical newborn sleep looks like & why
- Maximize parent sleep when baby is feeding often
- Habits, routine and environment: find out when they become important
- Sleeping in devices and/or bed-sharing
- Transitioning out of the swaddle
- Transitioning from bassinet to crib
- When does a schedule emerge & what can I do in the meantime?
- My baby will only sleep on me! What can I do? Is that “bad”?
- Should I ever wake my baby?
- Should I focus on more sleep regardless of where/how it happens?
- What is the four month sleep regression and how can we avoid it?
- Is my baby too young for sleep training?