- Thu 2/2 @ 6:00p & Thu 2/9 @ 6:00p
- Thu 3/16 @ 6:00p & Thu 3/23 @ 6:00p
- Tues 4/25 @ 6:00p & Thu 4/27 @ 6:00p
Childbirth Preparation (In Person)
$175.00 per couple
The day your baby is born is a day you’ll never forget. This class will reduce your fear of the unknown and help you feel more confident in the weeks leading up to your baby’s birth. We’ll cover a variety of topics together including when to go to the hospital, normal labor progression, informed consent and pain management options – both medicinal and non-medicinal – just to name a few. We’ll also guide partners with what they can do to help during labor and after baby’s birth. Coaches who truly understand the birth process and feel empowered to participate make the best advocates for their partners during labor!
This class is taught live, allowing for discussion and questions throughout. It is led by an experienced Labor and Delivery, Newborn and Postpartum Nurse who holds a certification in Childbirth Education. Our commitment to small class sizes guarantees a personalized experience for each family in attendance.
- Taught By:
- Nicole Didizian, RN-BSN, CBC, CCE;
Elizabeth Brady, BSN, RNC-OB, CCE
- Ideal For:
- Expectant parents, between 26-36 weeks
- 5 hours total, divided into two 2.5 hr classes
- MLFEd Studio, Devon
- Anatomy and Physiology of Labor and Birth
- Signs of Labor: How will I know when it’s time?
- Pain Relief – natural and medical options
- Breathing Techniques for Labor
- Vaginal Delivery
- C-section Delivery
- Interventions: what they are and why they may be necessary
- Support and Guidance for Labor Partners
- Identifying and Communicating your Birth Wishes
- Understanding Hospital Protocol
- Packing List: what should I bring to the hospital?
- What happens immediately after birth
- What to expect from your Newborn
- Choosing a Pediatrician
- Caring for yourself Postpartum
What about a hospital tour?
Every hospital in our area offers a FREE Maternity Unit tour for parents-to-be, either in-person or virtually. In-person tours must be scheduled in advance, as space is limited. Tours run anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour in length.
Find the hospital where you’re delivering on our tour information page and click to book your Maternity Unit tour.