New Moms: Support and Connections (In-Person)
$150.00 for the full series
- Ideal For: Moms who have welcomed a baby within the last 6 months
- Duration: 1 hour class x 5 week series
- Location: MLFEd Studio – Devon, PA
What New Moms Are Saying:
It was so helpful to meet other new moms and chat about common issues
Beth did an outstanding job bringing the women together in a group. I’m grateful for the connections.
Met new people and received support
Joining the new mom group was not only a great excuse to get out and meet new people, but also to learn about this stage of life and receive support.
This class was so helpful in navigating postpartum. I really enjoyed meeting other moms in the same stage as I am.
Advice from a professional therapist
I think this course was super helpful. It was a great way to meet other moms at various stages of motherhood, as well as being able to talk and get advice from a professional therapist.
Great to connect with others
It was great connecting with new parents that are going through the exact same thing you are!
Great class and community!
About the Class:
Come and meet other new moms in this interactive 5-week postpartum adjustment series. Babies in arms are welcome – make yourself at home in our space.
Together, we will normalize and problem-solve common challenges of motherhood including sleep deprivation, stresses of caring for a newborn, role transitions, and relationship strain.
Register for the full series as a cohort with other new moms. Our goal is to create a pod of new moms that will be consistent for the 5 weeks. It’s okay to miss a class here or there, but we encourage you to get to know one another in these sessions and to find times to meet outside of class as desired. Join a WhatsApp group to connect outside of class (optional).
Normalize and problem solve common new challenges, including:
- Role and Identity shifts
- Sleep deprivation
- Stresses of caring for a baby
- Validate emotional "rawness" of new motherhood
- Identify and counter self-criticism/self-judgement
- Learn cognitive strategies to boost confidence, optimism and calm
Reinforce Your Social Support
- Learn to skillfully ask for the help you need as a new parent
- Set limits with friends and family in ways that maintain your relationships
Improve Postnatal Body Image and Physical Intimacy
- Identify factors interfering with body-esteem and partner intimacy
- Rekindle your sexual health