What makes Main Line Family Education different?
At MLFEd, we strongly believe that a small learning environment is most effective in retaining course content. With that in mind, our class size will never exceed 6 couples (or 12 participants). Many of our classes are capped at even smaller client to instructor ratios, to ensure you receive the most personalized educational experience. There is time built into the end of each class to allow for specific Q&A with the instructor.
Our Childbirth instructors are Labor and Delivery Board Certified Registered Nurses. They have been present for hundreds of births. Attending a small class with them provides you with the opportunity to have your questions answered by professionals who can tell you what the birth experience is really like.
Our prenatal and postpartum instructors are all certified, trained professionals within their individual fields of study. Each of them have between 7 and 20 years’ experience working with patients and families.
As both Nurses and Educators, we also see first-hand that spending time in a classroom decreases the anxiety surrounding the changes that are expected to take place. Parents then feel more empowered to self-advocate with confidence. Learning about your body and your baby will allow you to make the best decisions for your family when your little one arrives.
Think of any maternity-focused classes as a form of Self-Care. You will learn what to expect when you go into labor, how to actively work with your labor by practicing relaxation techniques beforehand, and plan out your partner’s role for how they can best support you.
When Should I Take A Childbirth Class?
We recommend scheduling your class when you are between 28 and 34 weeks pregnant, but no later than 36-38 weeks if at all possible!
Where Are Your Classes Held?
- All MLFEd classes are held in our bright, comfortable studio, located in Devon, PA OR virtually via Zoom.
- We also offer pre-recordings of some of our classes! Please email us at email@example.com if you cannot make it to an in-person class and would like to purchase a recording.
- Our address for your GPS is 34 Berkley Road, Devon, PA. 19333. We share a parking lot with Pour Richards Coffee Company.
- Our studio is on the second floor of 34 Berkley Road. When you enter the front door, look for the Main Line Family Education sign. You will take the staircase directly to your right up to Suite 200.
- Feel free to park in our lot or out on Avon Road (directly in front of our studio) if the parking lot is full. Parking is free.
- We are within walking distance of Pour Richards Coffee Company, Whole Foods, and The Black Cat Café.
Do You Take Insurance?
Class fees for Maternity Education Courses may be eligible for reimbursement from your insurance company. Please check your plan benefits for more information. We are happy to provide you with a proof of attendance receipt and insurance code at the conclusion of your class. You are responsible to submit these to your insurance company and any reimbursement should be sent directly to you.
When I Book a Class, How Do I Pay?
- Payment is requested in full at the time of registration, unless other arrangements have been made.
What If A Class Date/Time Doesn’t Work With My Schedule?
- We strive to schedule group classes throughout each month at times that are convenient for most, however if you have trouble finding a class to fit into your schedule, please let us know.
- We also have recordings of some of our classes, and they are available for purchase. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Additionally, we offer private classes and consultations in our studio. We are happy to discuss alternative dates and times that work best for you.
Is Your Studio Accessible To Clients with Disabilities?
At this time, our building does not have Handicapped Access to the second floor studio. If you are interested in taking a class but are unable to use the stairs, please contact us to make alternate arrangements.
What Is Your Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation more than two weeks prior to your class date will result in a full refund minus $20 administration fee. Cancellation from 2 weeks to 48 hours prior to the start of the first class will result in 50% refund minus $20 administration fee. No refund will be offered for cancellations less than 48 hours before a scheduled class. If there is room in a future class, a rescheduling request may be made as long as there are more than 48 hours before the class start time. However, there are no guarantees that these requests can be accommodated. Any rescheduled class will automatically incur a $20 administration fee. Rescheduled classes are a one-time courtesy. If your original reservation is rescheduled and you cannot make your revised date, your reservation will be forfeited and no refund will be offered. Any class missed without notifying Main Line Family Education prior to the start of class will not be eligible for a refund or to reschedule. If you must miss a class during a Childbirth Preparation series, we will try to place you in a make-up class pending availability, though we cannot guarantee you a spot. No refund will be offered in this case. If you are unable to complete a class or class series due to delivery prior to 36 weeks gestation (and you were scheduled to complete the series prior to 36 weeks gestation), or due to bed rest or other serious illness, the remaining class(es) will be pro-rated and transferred to credits to be applied to other classes/services at Main Line Family Education, with a note from your medical provider. These credits must be used within 6 months of the original purchase date. A class may be cancelled due to low enrollment or other unanticipated event. Every effort will be made to help you find a suitable replacement class. In the event of class cancellation, if no arrangement can be made, you will receive a full refund. In the event of class cancellation due to inclement weather, every effort will be made to place you in a make-up class. If no arrangement can be made, you will receive a credit to be applied toward other classes/services at Main Line Family Education. These credits must be used within 6 months of the original purchase date.
Please visit our Class Payment and Cancellation Policies page for the complete list of our cancellation and rescheduling terms.