Childbirth Preparation (On-Demand)
The day your baby is born is a day you’ll never forget. This class will reduce your fear of the unknown and help you feel more confident in the weeks leading up to your baby’s birth. We’ll cover a variety of topics together including when to go to the hospital, normal labor progression, informed consent and pain management options – both medicinal and non-medicinal – just to name a few. We’ll also guide partners with what they can do to help during labor and after baby’s birth. Coaches who truly understand the birth process and feel empowered to participate make the best advocates for their partners during labor!
This class is led by an experienced Labor and Delivery, Newborn and Postpartum Nurse who holds a certification in Childbirth Education.
- Taught By: Nicole Didizian, RN-BSN, CBC, CCE;
- Ideal For: Expectant parents, between 26-36 weeks
- Duration: 4 hours total, divided into two parts. The video can be paused at any time to watch separately.
- Format: Pre-recorded video, available to watch for 60 days after your purchase
- Anatomy and Physiology of Labor and Birth
- Signs of Labor: How will I know when it’s time?
- Pain Relief – natural and medical options
- Breathing Techniques for Labor
- Vaginal Delivery
- C-section Delivery
- Interventions: what they are and why they may be necessary
- Support and Guidance for Labor Partners
- Identifying and Communicating your Birth Wishes
- Understanding Hospital Protocol
- Packing List: what should I bring to the hospital?
- What happens immediately after birth
- What to expect from your Newborn
- Choosing a Pediatrician
- Caring for yourself Postpartum