Diastatis Recti Prevention in Pregnancy and Healing Postpartum
Are you concerned about losing strength and muscle tone during pregnancy? Are you feeling abdominal pressure, pain, or weakness months (or even years) after giving birth? Many moms struggle longer than expected with discomfort associated with changes to abdominal muscles during pregnancy.
Join Lang Ngov, PT, one of 5 Certified Functional Manual Therapists in PA, for this interactive workshop. Learn how pregnancy affects the musculo-skeletal system, how to properly align the body, how to prevent diastasis recti, and how to safely restore your core after delivery.
Lang will introduce exercises to help prevent issues that can arise during pregnancy and to accelerate your recovery postpartum. You’ll leave the workshop with a comprehensive exercise plan.
- Taught By:
- Lang Ngov, PT, CFMT
- Ideal For:
- Pregnant and Postpartum Mothers
- 1.5 hours
- MLFEd Studio, Devon
- Learn about the anatomy involved in diastasis recti.
- Learn how to self-mobilize using Functional Manual Therapy (FMT®).
- Learn about Postural Mechanics, including how to align the body in order to decrease discomfort.
- Explore Neuromuscular Control, an exercise program designed to help you avoid overusing the important rectus abdominus muscles and facilitate healing.