- Wed, Feb 22: 7:00PM- 8:30PM
- Wed, Mar 22: 7:00PM- 8:30PM
- Thu, Apr 20: 7:00PM- 8:30PM
Nutrition for Pregnancy (Virtual)
Learn which foods are the best fuel for you and your growing baby! Nutrient–rich diets during pregnancy are shown to have many benefits, including: improved fetal health, a decrease in pregnancy complications and a reduction in incidence of postpartum depression.
This course is ideal for women who are pregnant and for women who plan to become pregnant in the next year. We’ll share the best nutrient-dense, whole foods for you to incorporate into your diet, as well as which foods to avoid and why. You’ll learn about macronutrients and micronutrients, the importance of each, how much you need, and which foods contain them. We’ll also discuss when to consider supplements, how to avoid toxins in your environment, and when buying “organic” matters.
This course is taught live and will be interactive – we encourage discussion and questions throughout!
- Taught By:
- Jacqueline Maganas, MPHN, CIMHC
- Ideal For:
- Pregnant women and women who plan to become pregnant
- 1.5 hours
- Virtual (Zoom)
About Nutrition for Pregnancy
Each 1.5-hour class is taught live and questions are encouraged! Jacqueline will cover the following:
- Nutrient Demands For Pregnancy
- Top Nutrient Dense Whole Foods For Pregnancy
- Macronutrients: What they are and why they’re important
- Micronutrients: What they are and why they’re important
- Best Food Sources for Vitamins
- Foods to Avoid
- Removing Toxins from Products We Use Daily
- When Does “Organic” Matter?