Nutrition for Pregnancy (Virtual)
Learn which foods are the best fuel for you and your growing baby! Nutrient–rich diets during pregnancy are shown to have many benefits, including: improved fetal health, a decrease in pregnancy complications and a reduction in incidence of postpartum depression.
This course is ideal for women who are pregnant and for women who plan to become pregnant in the next year. Join us for in-depth discussion on up-to-date research around critical micro- and macro- nutrients. We’ll share the best nutrient-dense, whole foods for you to incorporate into your diet, as well as which foods to avoid and why. You’ll learn about supplements, and when to consider them in your diet to fill in nutrient “gaps”. We’ll even cover postpartum recommendations: nutrition, supplements and lifestyle, so you can plan ahead for a great postpartum experience. Last but not least, we’ll discuss how to avoid toxins in your environment, and how to know when buying “organic” actually matters.
This course is taught live and will be interactive – we encourage discussion and questions throughout!
- Taught By:
- Jacqueline Maganas, MPHN, CIMHC
- Ideal For:
- Pregnant women and women who plan to become pregnant
- 1.5 hours
- Virtual (Zoom)
About Nutrition for Pregnancy
Each 1.5-hour class is taught live and questions are encouraged! Jacqueline will cover the following:
- Nutrient Demands For Pregnancy
- Top Nutrient Dense Whole Foods For Pregnancy
- Up-to-Date Research on Macro-nutrients: What They Are & Why They’re Important
- Up-to- Date Research on Micro-nutrients: What They Are & Why They’re Important
- Best Food Sources for Vitamins
- Supplements to Fill In Nutrient Gaps
- Foods to Avoid & Why
- Pregnancy Complications and Condition-Specific Dietary and Supplemental Recommendation Guide (Handout)
- Removing Toxins from Products We Use Daily (Low Tox Lifestyle Booklet)
- When Does “Organic” Really Matter?