Breastfeeding 101 Class
$75.00 (up to 2 people)
Please note: Breastfeeding 101 will only be offered in the MLFEd Virtual Classroom at this time. Before your class, you will receive an email with a link that will allow you to join the group. Click here for more information.
Taught by the Head of Lactation for all 4 Main Line Health Hospitals (Paoli, Bryn Mawr, Lankenau and Riddle), Donna Sinnott is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and the full-time Lactation Consultant on Paoli Hospital’s Family Centered Maternity Unit. Boob Donna shares her 20+ years experience with expectant parents once a month here in the MLFEd studio. Her class is designed for the expectant mother and one (optional) support person, with plenty of time for personal Q&A, so bring your questions!
We will discuss what proper positioning and latch look like, colostrum and milk production in the first few days of baby’s life, how to know that your baby is getting enough, breast pumps, milk storage, and how to trouble-shoot the most common set-backs.
- Taught By:
- Donna Sinnott, BBA, IBCLC
- Ideal For:
- Expectant mothers (+1 optional support person)
- 2 hours
- Anatomy/Physiology of the Breast & How the Body Makes Milk
- Benefits of Breastmilk
- Proper Positioning and Latch
- What to Expect on Day 1 and 2 of Life
- How Do I Know If My Baby Is Getting Enough?
- Common Setbacks and Solutions
- Pumping and Milk Storage
- Resources for Ordering a Breast Pump Through Insurance
- Medela vs. Spectra Pumps: which is right for you and why?
- Additional Avenues of Support