- Tue, Jan 21: 6pm-8pm
- Tue, Feb 18: 6pm-8pm
- Tue, Mar 10: 6pm-8pm
- Tue, Apr 14: 6pm-8pm
- Tue, May 12: 6pm-8pm
- Tue, Jun 9: 6pm-8pm
Breastfeeding 101 Class
$75.00 (up to 2 people)
Taught by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), this class is designed for the expectant mother and one (optional) support person.
We will discuss what proper positioning and latch look like, colostrum and milk production in the first few days of baby’s life, how to know that your baby is getting enough, breast pumps, milk storage, and how to trouble-shoot the most common set-backs.
- Taught By:
- Donna Sinnott, BBA, IBCLC
- Ideal For:
- Expectant mothers (+1 optional support person)
- 2 hours
- Anatomy/Physiology of the Breast & How the Body Makes Milk
- Benefits of Breastmilk
- Proper Positioning and Latch
- What to Expect on Day 1 and 2 of Life
- How Do I Know If My Baby Is Getting Enough?
- Common Setbacks and Solutions
- Pumping and Milk Storage
- Resources for Ordering a Breast Pump Through Insurance
- Additional Avenues of Support